FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unofficial AC flight status and information tool (aka cowtool)
Old Dec 11, 2022, 4:27 am
TheCanuckian

Programs: AC SE
I really appreciate this and will look forward to seeing how it evolves.

I'm trying to think of what information I often look for over the last few days before a flight and wonder about adding a simple count of seats remaining for upgrade or standby, either in the heading of each of the seat maps or perhaps just above the legend. I think that's info I and others would find useful. So that could be something like J3 O3 or Business Class (2), Premium Economy (2). I suppose I could get that information from counting the □, but still, it might be nice to have it at a glance. Including R0 or R2 might be helpful also.

Another option might be linking somewhere to SeatGuru or even the AC seat map to help those who may be selecting a seat still.

And then depending on the purpose you have in mind for this tool, you could think about having a little box telling who is within their eUpgrade window for that specific flight (SuperElite, 75K, etc), with a link to the eUpgrade page on Air Canada.