FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2022, 5:52 am
Neric

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
We just finished 6 nights here in an Oceanview room. The only negative was noise from the suite above whenever furniture was moved. Most of the time it was housekeeping to clean but it also happened late in the evening.

The hotel rooms will be updated next year which I expect will make it even better.

The hotel was not sold out - more like 60% so I didn't have any issue signing up for stuff as long as I did it a few days in advance.

The ocean activities are great. We tried all 3 craft and did Kayak solo and with 2 of us in a double. It's different Kayaking in Hawaii compared to Alaska which is the only other place I've Kayaked.

The Feast at Mokapu Luau was expensive but I thought it was worth it. Open Bar and I enjoyed all the food.

Class at the bar was fun, they do 3 different sets of drinks - so you have to go to 3 to see them all. We only went to 1 - learned about the original daiquiri and gimlet as well as a swizzle. That's 3x 1/2 drinks - all free!

The smoothie class was interesting. The normal person who ran it was out so it was run by one of the breakfast head chefs. The Kana Kitchen is really good, one of the best breakfasts I've seen at a US property (Japan is where we've had the best breakfasts) and really nice to get for free (since it's ~$120 a day for 2)

We will return for sure. It's so much better then the two Hyatt Regency's (I've not been to the Grand yet)