FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2022, 10:52 pm
JJ804

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I'm excited finally to return to Andaz Maui, one of my favorite properties, after an initial stay in 2016. Back then, as a Diamond, I was upgraded only to Akau 643, which at the time was classified as "mountain view." It appears now to be called "resort view." I'm certainly hoping for something better this time as a Globalist, and have appreciated the ocean view room vs. no view suite discussions on this thread. One thing I haven't seen though: does every suite have a lounger on the balcony/patio, even if there is no view?

A few other questions:
- #4368 mentions that Globs can now reserve activities in advance - how far in advance, and how does one do it?
- long-range forecast for my stay is projecting 15-20 mph winds - is that going to cause problems for ocean activities?
- The hotel website still says each room has a complimentary minibar, but I've read on here that it is no longer the case, or you have to ask at the front desk - can anyone confirm from a recent stay?
- are beach chairs really not included in the resort fee, such that you have to pay extra for them?