FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:49 pm
RichieMc

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
I'm not quite sure if there's a genuine message being conveyed behind this. I'd like to think your fighting for us US based GGLs!

Given the logic of how GGL provides unlimited access to the CCR if flying from T5 in Y to some place 1hr away, I see no difference to why it would be treated differently in the US (where there are fewer GGLs to take advantage of their earned benefit).

To isolate CKs for a moment, they didn't have unlimited access to the FFD, they had 1-2 passes a year to use to access it so it makes complete sense they wouldn't have the same treatment as a GGL does to the 'new' CCR labeled as the Chelsea.

Also on the GGL vs CK thing. There was a comment here about how easy GGL may be to earn vs CK, and whilst it's irrelevant to this current dilemma, for the traditional traveler that isn't 'optimizing trips' or doing 'points runs' to get an invite to CK or earn 5000TPs they'd both be looking at between $40-70k in spend. Can GGL be acquired for <$10k? Absolutely, but it's besides the point.
Worth pointing out that CK should in theory get unfettered access to CCR in T5 on HBO economy fares to Dublin or Amsterdam as well. Although I do think I remember there being some mixed results with CKs trying to get access in some cases.