FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Dram Good Find in Galleries South
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:08 pm
Cw novice

Originally Posted by KARFA
I don’t wish to be too much of a downer, but I am somewhat suspicious of named whiskies with no age statement at inflated prices these days.
I agree to a point but it's certainly an improvement I would say. I would think the price structure has a lot to do with the US market and how they perceive what premium is.

A quick search shows its a travel exclusive and the spiel says:

"This whisky is a new core range product from the Talisker distillery on the western isle of Skye. Talisker Surge will be a travel retail exclusive. The new whisky is designed to show the elemental stormy forces that shape Skye and the Talisker distillery. Surge features whiskies of differing ages that have been matured in American oak ex-bourbon casks. The travel retail exclusive will be available in UK airports from September, before being released in Asia during October and Australia in December. There will also be a Talisker sample bar located in Terminal 5 at London's Heathrow Airport during October and November. Talisker Surge is bottled at 45.8% ABV and will cost £85/ €95/ $115 US per bottle."