FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status
Old Dec 1, 2022, 9:24 am
Sauraigne

Originally Posted by ninjalot
They were offering Diamond till Dec 2023 if you stayed 15 nights within 120-days earlier this year. So 10-nights within 90-days doesn't seem that different. So the only real additional cost is breakfast for the instant Diamonds that had already booked stays in the 90-days after the "promo". Or booked stays because of become instant Diamonds. Everything else is subject to availability, and I was told a lot of hotels take your stay history into account. Like an instant diamond with 0 lifetime points / stays probably isn't going to get upgraded to a suite. You're right, maybe some of them will try out Diamond and want to continue? If they were downgrading they would've done it by now anyway.

That being said, using the Ambassador loophole to extend instant Diamond to Dec 2023, seems more iffy. I think it wouldn't be difficult to trace such Diamonds with a simple query and PR-wise the blow back for downgrading them all to Platinum wouldn't be so bad. Any reason to worry?
my first ever stat at holiday inn resort after this one-click diamond resulted into being upgraded to the best suite for 5 nights.