FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Dec 1, 2022, 2:49 am
st530

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by limey1K
I am booked MUC-DEN on Saturday and in Frankfurt currently. My MUC meeting canceled so no sense heading there now, so I called to change to FRA-DEN on Friday instead. GS agent answered and asked how she could help, I explained the situation and she checked fares difference. $6200 to change the ticket but she did notice that they were showing PN1 so she asked if I was OK with an $800 fare up-charge from Z to O, add the PPs and grab the Polaris seat instead. Obviously jumped on it and situation resolved. Great service and very much appreciated. UA may have preferred she sold me the $6200 D fare though!
Can you clarify? Isn't O a Premium Plus bucket? Was that just the cheapest available fare class on that flight, or was there some intended relationship between booking into O class and the use of PPs (e.g., pay $800 to use 30 PPs instead of 40)?