FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old Nov 26, 2022, 5:44 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
IAH-BOG
Nov. 20
"Ricotta salata and wild honey manicotti"

Wasn't terribly sure what to expect with this one, I mean that name is a bit of word salad, but pre-ordered to try it. The only evidence of it I could find was some pre-Covid trip report on a random blog which didn't even describe how it tasted. I thought it was pretty good, sauce had a nice flavor to it. Salad was decent as well. I saved the cookie for later and ate it on an Avianca flight. Also good for a packaged cookie.

I'm usually all-in on pasta, especially where cheese is involved, so this looks quite good to me, although a third ravioli would be appreciated if it didn't dent Kirby's bonus check. However, woof! that salad looks like something dumped into a trough at the local farm for the animals to peck at. Why can't UA make an appealing salad? It's one of the easiest things in the world to make, but their salads consistently look horrible.