FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:33 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by jmastron
I’m not sure which forum or thread is best for this, starting here since I think the first point of contact will be AA. We are traveling on a B6-stock B6-flight numbers ticket, with the first BOS-JFK segment codeshared and operated by AA (actually Republic), and the 2nd flight from JFK mainline B6. This is Sunday (yeah, Thanksgiving week), so I want to be prepared for the logistics and time required.
  1. I assume we need to check in with AA; will we be able to do so online 24 hrs before or have to check in at ticketing these days (no checked baggage otherwise, so I really hope not)? Will we get both the AA and B6 boarding passes? I do have the AA record locator.
  2. If there are any IROP delays/cancellations on the AA flight, do we need to call AA or B6 for reaccomodation (it’s a B6 ticket, but I know the operator matters)? I assume once we get to JFK in time for the connection that for any IROPs on the B6 flight we’d go directly to B6. Most of the alternatives I’ve written down would be B6 flights even from BOS.
I am flying BOS-(AA)-JFK-(B6)-DEN right now, though on an AA ticket. I will report back on how the connection experience in JFK goes.

Check in with AA — you always check in with the operating carrier.

In case of IROPS, the industry standard is that the carrier creating the delay is responsible for getting you to your final destination. When you get off your AA flight, if it is delayed, speak to the AA agent at the podium and they will rebook you (or tell you where to go).