FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - award change single segment, do ALL legs need to be available?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 4:32 pm
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by SilverChris
No airline can split PNRs by segment, not even US carriers. PNRs just don't work that way.

The issue you're running into is likely caused by married segment logic, which SQ is far from alone in practicing. You didn't book JFKFRA + FRASIN + SINDPS individually, but JFKDPS. SQ may have released award space for JFKDPS but not JFKSIN and SINDPS. In other words, it's all-or-nothing if you're trying to change the itinerary.

It's also possible - given the state of SQ's call centre - that the agent is inexperienced and those segments aren't married. You'll have to HUACA to find out, as frustrating as it sounds.
Fair points. What I am certain of, is that after ticketing JFKHKGDPS on CX, I can freely adjust JFKHKG without making changes to HKGDPS, even when no incremental awards are available on HKGDPS, as long as my HKG layover doesn’t exceed the allotted time. As I can, with similar itineraries, on BA, AA, DL, JL, ET and KE, to name a few. It’s unfortunate (for me) that SQ doesn’t fall into this category. I could purchase SINDPS to solve for this, but I don’t think it’s worth it just to avoid a stop in FRA. I respect that airlines aren’t sensitive to inflight products, but it’s still disappointing that SQ won’t show some flexibility given the loss of the 380. I never would have selected a direct flight on the 77W…my choice was solely a function of the 380.