FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Nov 25, 2022, 3:29 pm
Flyertalker001342
Suspended

Originally Posted by gormless
OK, I see the distinction here. You have to earn the reduced TPs between 9 November and 31 December 2022 to get the extra year of status. Which means starting from zero in November and earning 1125 more TPs before the end of the year.

How I interpreted this was that
1. If you make the reduced TPs before the end of your TP year, you get one year of status.
2. If you're short of the reduced TPs at the end of your TP year, but get the REMAINING TPs before the end of the year, you get two years of status.

What I think you're saying is that
1. If you make it before the end of your TP year you get one year of status.
2. If you then accrue an additional set of TPs adequate to make the reduced TPs before the end of 2022, you get an additional year of status.

That's logical to me, where what I thought was being said (if you get to the reduced TP threshold late, you get two years but if on time only one year) wasn't logical.
This utterly illogical interpretation of what's being said here is what confused me.
The problem would be assuming that any of this is logical . . . .

Basically, BA has made various concessions to its EC members during the last almost 3 years, due to the pandemic. They have decided that their largesse can only go on for so long and so much. So they have declared that their concessions will end, once and for all, on Dec. 31st of this year.

Presumably, because EC members have widely varying endings to the timing of their TP years, and in the attempt to appear as if they were not playing favorites, BA is allowing members whose years might have concluded earlier on in the year to benefit once again, from the reduced TP requirements by Dec. 31st, irrespective of when their current TP year begins and when it is scheduled to end. This will obviously be more likely to benefit those who have at least several months during which to accrue the reduced tier points, but again, they want to end these concessions and there is no way to do this without some people thinking they are getting the short end of the stick.