FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Nov 25, 2022, 10:21 am
drminn

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by kyndwyn
Departure Airport: SLC
Miles Needed: 2434 MQD's
Required Spend or Budget: $1800 or preferably less
Available Travel Dates: 12/11-18 or 12/10-18
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare is OK

I am short 2434 MQD's to reach Diamond. I previously booked a trip SLC-CUN on miles for the entire family 12/11-18 on Delta. However, knowing diamond is within reach I'm willing to cancel my skymiles ticket and rebook something that will get me the MQD's necessary. I would prefer not to reposition but can if necessary. All the non-stops out of SLC are DL operated, so I'm wondering if I can get more MQD's for my $$ by booking a multi-stop flight through AM that mixes DL+ AM? I hope to arrive in CUN before the rest of the family at 4pm on 12/11(which is why i'm open to departing on 12/10 if necessary) and depart around the same time (5:30pm on 12/18). I know that's a big ask, but hoping not to inconvenience the rest of the family nor screw up the transportation already arranged in CUN.
Why don't you take a day off from the family while in CUN and do a little mileage running CUN - TIJ to get you the missing miles. You will get MQD for your flight to CUN booked with miles.