FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Keep Splitting Up My Family
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:44 am
Palmer

BA Keep Splitting Up My Family

Checked in for a short haul flight in Club Europe last week, which I’d booked in August. My partner checked in on her phone, confirmed her seat in Row 1, the seat I’d selected 3 months ago, and she downloaded her boarding pass. We’re both Gold Card holders.

I went to check in and noticed that I was in Row 8. In addition, BA had had assigned our infant to my lap. She’s still breastfeeding. I was unable to change my seat, as the option was greyed out. Other than a seat in Row 1, next to my partner, there were no other seats together. We’re all on the same booking reference.

I called BA. The first agent said that there was nothing she could do as the seats were under airport control. The second agent said that it could be an oxygen mask issue regarding Row 1 and our infant. She said she’d check with the airport team and get back to me. A little later she called back to say she’d managed to get us all seated together. No issue with the oxygen masks.

I checked my return booking today. Previously we were all in Row 1. My partner is now in Row 3 and breastfeeding daughter and me are a couple of rows behind, at the other side of the aircraft. When I went to MMB it still had us sitting together in Row 1. I tried moving us to various seats around the cabin but I got an error message each time.

I called BA etc. and they eventually sorted it.

The same thing has happened three times before even when I’ve selected Rows 2 and 3 - we have been moved or split up. It’s all getting a bit frustrating.

Palmer