FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discriminated Against/Left Stranded & Missed My Flight Because of It
Old Nov 24, 2022, 7:22 am
Scudsone

I知 sure I知 going to seem like an AH, but this seems to be the fault of your companion who took your stuff and boarded the plane and flew to LAX without you, and also whoever booked your flight with a short connection. DL153 was scheduled to land at 4:19pm and your connection to LAX departed at 5:45. Under 2hrs at JFK arriving and connecting internationally is pretty tight without accounting for limited mobility, need to coordinate a wheel chair, etc.it turns out that flight arrived 6 min early, but could easily have been late. But by the time it gets to the gate and you deplane you have less than an hour to make it through immigration, bag recheck, security again, and to the gate. And JFK can have literally a half mile walk from security to the gate.

I would have booked myself on the 7:25 connection and I知 (thankfully) able bodied and not unfamiliar with sprinting across a terminal. But I always allow minimum 2hrs for international connections and I have global entry, TSA pre, and clear, and generally fly upfront so can disembark first and my bags are sky priority tagged. Still 2hrs plus to play it safe.

it痴 inexcusable that TSA took 35 min to find a female agent, but these stories are all too common. It seems like they may have meant well at the time but leaving you at security and going ahead to the gate was a huge mistake. At 5:25 the door is already about to close for that 5:45 flight, and they showing up and asking them to wait was not going to be successful. Let alone boarding with your items including phone and purse.

You don稚 say but I知 assuming you were rebooked on the later Delta flight, and your items were at LAX (again, seems your companion abandoned them at lost and found, seems like a d**k move on their part). There was no way your were going to make that 1:26 connection. I think your companion abandoning you, poor planning, the TSA, and then (tangentially) delta are to blame, in that order.

I知 sorry if that seems harsh