FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Diego Man Alleges AA Barred Him From Future Flights Over Seat Issue
Old Nov 24, 2022, 5:16 am
lowfareair

While I'm sure there is more to the story, IF the part of AA not notifying him he is banned until after showing up to the airport a month after booking a ticket is true, I would say he's entitled to any costs of rebooking that ticket in a similar cabin at a bare minimum.

Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
This case will go nowhere. Under the terms of carriage, did he even file in the right court?
I'm not getting into the right court aspect, but if there isn't considerably more to this story (there probably is more), AA may be in for more damages as there are only a few reasons for banning a passenger from flying the airline. Safety is one qualifying measure, but there will need to be considerably more to the story than what the pax provided to warrant a ban (again, wouldn't surprise me if there is much more, but how much is going to be the question).

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Also, if the denial of boarding was in 2020, why wait 2 years to file a lawsuit? Did it take that long to find an ambulance-chaser?
That's an error on OP's part - the denial happened in March 2022 according to the actual article.

Last edited by lowfareair; Nov 24, 2022 at 6:07 am