FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dealing with / Contacting Customer Care for flight cancellation/delay
Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:59 pm
frappant

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by jsloan
Well, right. As would any of us have. The point is, if you had done nothing, you’d have made your flight and you’d have made your return flight.

You called UA and tried to change your original outbound flight. Everything that happened after that was a direct result of that phone call.

Because an AC agent told me that I didn't have enough time to connect and that if I don't make it it's my problem. They may not reschedule me on another YVR-BNE flight, which also doesn't run every day so it may not have been available for another day or two.

She said if I risked taking the AC flight and didn't make it, AC wasn't going to be responsible.

Here is my post on Nov 4th.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34733401-post261.html

The AC agent at SFO told me something different that I should have 45 minutes and that it should be enough. Turned out I had 20 minutes and the YVR-BNE flight departed about 10-15 minutes after scheduled departure.

Certainly UA didn't say I would be able to make the connection. They didn't have any space on flights to BNE or SYD that day so they proposed their earlier flight for SFO-YVR to have a better chance to make the connection.

Originally Posted by jsloan
A
UA does not allow you to convert a round-trip award to a one-way award after departure. Therefore, no refund was due if you’d decided not to take your rebooked flights.

This is utter nonsense. UA 1K desk didn't tell me take the economy flight, take it or leave it.

She told me I could choose the economy flight and then contact Customer Care afterwards to see about compensation.

Or I could take business ticket 2 days later and then again contact Customer Care.

She didn't promise that I'd get some kind of compensation in EITHER case. So I chose what I thought was the least bad option, because I'd have to contact CC either way.

Who here would have accepted the "rebooked flights" as you call it, which is a downgrade from business to coach on a 12-13 hour flight?

On this site of all places?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 23, 2022 at 11:11 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member; stick to the issue