FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dealing with / Contacting Customer Care for flight cancellation/delay
Old Nov 23, 2022, 6:01 pm
frappant

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by cfischer
I am not sure you will get full reimbursement here. Write to CS with much less detail and see what they offer.

You should have probably not messed with the outbound; AC is on the hook to re-book you with day of travel irops. You can also un-check-in ... that should have released the segment. You also ignored the ticket cancellation Email.

I'll split the blame 50/50
About 11-12 hours before the YVR-BNE flight, I started calling. First AC, they said they would call me back in an hour. The agent told me that it's now invalid because it was under the MCT for YVR. Said that if I took a chance and took the AC flight and didn't make the YVR-BNE flight, it was my problem, I'd have to pay my way back home and they wouldn't reaccomodate me since I was made aware that the connection time wasn't enough.

When I got to the airport the AC agent at SFO told me a different story so that is why I boarded.

So initially my concern was about not getting to BNE that day, where I had other flights, hotels and cars already booked, too late to cancel.