FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Curve Card (UK) - Paying credit card bill?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 9:30 am
jmcreary

Question Curve Card (UK) - Paying credit card bill?

Hello all,

New to this site and hoping to learn a lot from you!

I was hoping for a bit of help with my Curve Metal Card (UK) which has an underlying credit card behind it so that I can get points on debit card spend and 0% spending abroad. I'm really confused with the terms and conditions of Curve in the sense that they say that they offer Curve Fronted (up to £10k per month) for Curve Metal subscribers for free but also that they allow you to pay other financial institutions with their debit card so you can get points with an underlying credit card. However, in their terms and conditions it says that cash recycling and use such as this is forbidden. On another part of the website they said that you should comply with your credit card issuers terms and conditions if you do this. I have looked at both the Amex and Barclaycard terms and conditions and cannot see anything that says paying off a credit card bill with another credit card is not allowed. Obviously this depends on whether they actually process the transaction.

I can't seem to find a straight answer but I just wondered if anyone knows if using Curve to pay a credit card bill with an underlying credit card is allowed or against any terms and conditions? Is it classed as fraud for earning points/cashback twice on technically the same spend? Has anyone been in trouble for it in the past?

Thanks in advance :-)