FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check a bag at gate and get BG2 (full flights only?)?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:38 pm
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by skimthetrees (Post # 8)
I have been in aisle or window seats boarding after the middle pax where the foot well for the middle was much smaller than the aisle or window and had the middle pax put their bag/laptop/purse/whatever in my footwell. I like to avoid conflict so I would just prefer to board before them to avoid it.
Others take the opportunity to extend their legs and wipe the dust or lavatory fluids from the bottom of their shoes, on the conveniently placed "footrest" (personal item), perhaps jamming one's heels down for extra comfort.

Few footspace poachers who experience that consequence of their actions make this mistake twice.

More conflict-avoidant seatmates can subtly move the misplaced item with their feet, to immediately below the bottom (under the knees) of the correct seat, which will be noticed by a flight attendant.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Nov 21, 2022 at 4:44 pm