FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cabin crew strikes - December 2022 and into 2023 [now resolved]
Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:26 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by 4lB3R70
Just received the email warning about the strike for a FNC-LIS on 09DEC, and offering free change within the time window that was mentioned in a post earlier by c-w-s.

I am totally unaware of the legislation regarding strikes in Portugal. Is there any sort of minimum service levels the airline need to comply with as dictated by the government?

I need to be in MAD that very same day, so I'm trying to assess whether I should book an alternative now (there seems to be cheap availability on U2 and FR), or just wait for the MSL to be defined (if any) and hope my flight is within or there are some other flights that day I can be rebooked to...
If you really need to in MAD on that day, I'd book an alternative flight. MSL will be defined closer to the actual strike dates, but it is unlikely they'll include MAD. It'll probably include FNC, PDL, TER, and maybe SID or RAI, LAD, maybe MPM, and Brazil. It's possible it includes also some European destinations where there are big Portuguese communities, such as ORY or GVA, but I wouldn't bet money on it.
Additionnally, if your flight is cancelled, don't expect TP to rebook you onto other airlines.

Last edited by tff; Nov 21, 2022 at 7:33 am