FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:30 am
Nuka

Originally Posted by stephem
Glad I found this thread, we are having somewhat inconsistent results based on ages. Family of 5 renewing in 2021 and both adults went to conditionally approved shortly after renewal submitted (prior to expiration) and then about 11 months later to "approved." Our daughter, turned 12 on expiration, went to conditional approved after submitting renewal but has never gone to approved and so I presume needs an appointment. Yeah, right, how do we even do that, they are never available? Asked the CBP information line and they told us they have extended privileges for 5 years, so she should be good through birthday 2026.

The real problem is our 2 younger boys. Both renewals were submitted prior to expiration and turned to "expired" and "pending review" on their birthdays in 2021. One of the boys saw his application turn to "Conditional Approval" about a month after his birthday in 2021, but again he shows expired. And again, not a chance in hell of getting an appointment. But the other one, also submitted renewal prior to his birthday in Nov 2021 still shows "pending review" after over a year! I have emailed CBP and get a prefab FAQ that doesnt answer my question, which is why in the heck is this one still pending review?

So 3 questions:
(1) why did the 2 younger ones not get grandfathered benefits? (their statuses both show expired)
(2) why is one of the boys applications still showing pending review over a year after submission??
(3) for the 2 kids who are conditionally approved, only one still has benefits, and I would like to get the other one an interview. We are crossing Blaine in December, can I just drop in there and try to get the one who expired but is now conditionally approved processed? Or are these places just not doing any interviews?

Maybe we give up on NEXUS and try GE for the boys, but that is just back in another queue again. Super annoying to have 2 pax who make us all go through the normal line when reentering the US.
Blaime is doing interviews, but not sure they will take walkins for the interview. Spots open up throughout the day online but here is the trick. You need to log on and refesh availability many many times. Usually, its aroind 9 am and 4 pm when appts become availalble I found. With more applicants going to approval without an interview, hope more appointments become available. There is also a twitter bot (@nexusbot_blaine) that shows open appointments, but by the time one logs in the appointments are gone I found. Good luck.