FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:56 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Weymar Osborne
My two questions are: does it ever happen where UA might add seats back to a fare bucket, or once they're gone are they gone for good?
UA can (and does) increase or decrease inventory at will, depending upon sales trends vs. their projections. That said, in most cases inventory on a connecting flight would be considered together (a process called married inventory). However, since you routed CMH-EWR-LAX and paid a premium to do so, I’m guessing that you actually have separate CMH-EWR and EWR-LAX fares, which means that the inventory would be considered independently.

Originally Posted by Weymar Osborne
And second, while I can't change my flight online with UA are there other ways where agents could make those changes (phone, email)?
Because you booked through Capital One. They’re serving as your travel agent, and therefore they must make the change. You may be able to get UA to take over the ticket, although there is typically a $50 fee for them to do so.