FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Nov 18, 2022, 6:23 pm
Weymar Osborne

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond
So I have a CMH-EWR-LAX itinerary booked for next March. The reason why I opted to book through Newark is because the EWR-LAX segment was on a 787-10 and I wanted to bid for a Premium Plus upgrade. my flights were changed about a week back where the transcon is now operated by a 757-200 i.e. no Premium Plus cabin. When I pull up my itinerary on UA's website there's a box that tells me I'm eligible for a free change so long as it's within 24 hours, same origin/destination, and what seems most problematic is that it's in the same cabin and booking class (W class, in this case). The problem is I booked through Capital One Travel so I can't change my itinerary on UA's website, and if I try to change through Capital One the only free option is a routing through ORD, which is actually cheaper than my original ticket so if I were to do that It'd be better to cancel and rebook. Ideally I'd still like Premium Plus out of Newark, and there are other flights that day operated by widebodies with "W" class availability but the problem is the CMH-EWR flight no longer has that fare class available, so I suppose that's why Capital One won't let me change to those flights. My two questions are: does it ever happen where UA might add seats back to a fare bucket, or once they're gone are they gone for good? And second, while I can't change my flight online with UA are there other ways where agents could make those changes (phone, email)?