FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (from January 2022 onwards)
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:51 am
FRegular

Programs: SQ *G
Strange availibility - LM having superior access to TG biz?

First post here so excuse me for errors. Have been lurking for some time now and with that comes very low expectations for LM. I wouldn't say that's been defied today, but they have thrown a curveball at me that you might be interested in and I would certainly appreciate an explanations for.

Just booked through the screenshot method, and the BKK-TPE segment came back as "Reservation Waitlisted" when the rest were listed as "Reservation Confirmed". LM agent reported that they could not issue ticket until they could confirm that segment too. Now here is where it all gets a little strange. The flight I requested was BR068 in C on 20 Jan 2023, which is still bookable on LM, UA, SQ, etc. at time of writing. Nevertheless, they could not confirm the seat. However, they were able to offer me TG634 on the same day instead, which was not available anywhere for awards: not LM, not UA, nor SQ. While the agent had me on hold for other options, I double checked on SQ, where I pieced together the booking a few days earlier, and saw no availability for the flight in question, just as it were when I was planning the trip. Could confirm the space is as real as it gets, since my ticket has been issued. Just a little strange based on my understanding of how awards work but perhaps I'm missing something?