FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ
Old Nov 12, 2022, 12:39 pm
The Ivory Actuary

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I wouldn't bank on the YEG-YYC coming in at 125%. It's probably more likely that than 100%, but who knows.
Hmm, now you've got me worried. I went back over my travel history this year..

I did YEG-YYC-LHR in PE in October and was credited 313 SQM for the YEG-YYC leg. Looking back at my receipt, the fare class was B for YEG-YYC and A for YYC-LHR. Looks like the 125% COS multiplier on the YEG-YYC leg was from Latitude (B) (On this sample of size n=1,I had incorrectly concluded that when the class of service booked was not available, the higher COS bonus would apply to the entire booking).

For my upcoming to PHX, the fare class is showing as M for the YEG-YYC leg - which makes me believe I'll only get 250 SQM for the leg, leaving me 57 SQM short!

This is the only AC itinerary I have booked for the rest of 2022, and I'm flying with an infant so leaving at 6am to squeeze in a connection via YVR and DEN doesn't sound very appealing. Looks like I'd better find that super cheap MR or buy another $10,000 of gift cards on my Aeroplan Visa.

Sincere thanks to everyone who helped me catch this. I would have been so disappointed if I missed out by 57 SQM!

ETA: Ooooh, I could do YEG-YVR-PHX in business the whole way for the same price. It means a 6am departure out of YEG with an 18 month old, but that would definitely put me over the line. Also much less risky than doing a short MR to YVR around Christmas and having to call Mrs Actuary to say I'm stuck at YVR because of weather.

Last edited by The Ivory Actuary; Nov 12, 2022 at 1:01 pm