FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An Amazing Foodie Day in Singapore via Singapore Airlines A380 Suites
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:55 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stevie
Thanks for the TR, interesting. My take away is...that's a hell of a lot of expensive food.
Thanks stevie. Indeed, none of the meals were cheap but apart from the aggressive wine fume pairing prices at Le Bernardin, I thought the prices were reasonable for the quality and experience.

Originally Posted by Harper50505
Interesting observation on Singapore Airlines and service. While the Suites are no doubt excellent, business class seats are not. The crews generally still are very good but the food offerings in particular have sunk a long way in the premium cabins and now I think they, like a few more trade on past glory not of course that criticism is ever welcome. Time had it when from Europe to Aus they were the only airline I would consider, now, I consider them no better than any other airline from the Gulf or SE Asia.
Thank you Harper50505. Totally agree. SQ does seem to be trading on its past glories. I consider SQ now to be a mid-tier international First airline, well behind Emirates, Air France, Swiss, ANA and JAL.