FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Nov 10, 2022, 8:16 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I need to get to DTW in December, and the most reasonable option (price was a factor, but not the only factor) was SFO-ORD on a red-eye 777 connecting to DTW.

If they were to swap in an aircraft without lie-flats, would that be grounds to get rerouted (either a day flight (those were about 50% more)) or through EWR?

I'm normally pretty easy going when it comes to stuff like this, but I already don't like the idea of a 4 hour red-eye (though the lie-flat makes it tolerable).

If it makes a difference, it looks like this is a split fare (that's probably why it was the cheapest option, by far) booked in:
SFO-ORD (Z) QAA7OKFN
ORD-DTW (P) WAA4OKFN

Fingers crossed nothing changes, but this is the only itinerary I've had this year that I've been worried about.
I wouldn't expect a swap at this point except some kind of (very) unusual irrops. But in my experience if they do swap, it is possible to get a reroute to something else with lieflat, regardless of faring (sometimes uphill battle, but possible).