FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just Missing 75K
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:43 pm
pmblinn

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Since BA & AA are both oneworld carries. What you earn in Mileage Plan is determined by the two character carrier code preceeding the flight number.

It doesn't matter who you bought the ticket from or who operated the flights, it is the marketing carrier and booking class that matters.

If they are BA flight numbers, use the BA charts. If they are AA flight numbers, use the AA charts.

BA flight numbers are favourable, even if AA operated, since business class fare buckets earn an additional 100% RDM bonus and higher fare buckets earn more EQM.

BA, R & I fares earn a 50% COS bonus while C, D & J fares earn a 150% EQM bonus. The only EQM boost on AA is in full J class with a 100% COS.

When I have a few minutes, I will look at your numbers and will work them back. It is confusing that AS only shows RDM total, base & bonus which is compounded since the figure also includes COS as COS is both EQM & RDM.

James
Originally Posted by pmblinn
There are people on this forum who can do EQM math in their sleep (and probably do). I'd trust them 1,000x over a phone rep every time.
See?