FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ahoy, mileage runners! (Incl. immediate turnarounds)
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:49 am
TravelExperience

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'm glad to hear it worked out well. Did immigration ask how long you are staying in the US and/or raise any eyebrows?
Originally Posted by florens
This is what I was wondering about. Surprised OP presumably didn't get any SSSS.
Hey, sorry for the slow reply, was practically a zombie when I finished my last flight.

Yes the immigration agent did ask and I was actually / literally "LOL"ed... the conversation went, roughly, something like this...

agent : how long are you staying ?

me : just four hours, am flying back to Helsinki on the same plane, I took this trip only to collect airline points

agent: (literally laughs out loud)

me : I guess you get a few people doing that ?

agent : sometimes (was wearing a mask but I am quite sure was smiling ear to ear) .

only other question was if I had any alcohol / cigarettes / tobacco with me and then passport was stamped

just as general feedback, so far the least attention I got was in DFW, literally no conversation at all, then JFK with the above light Q&A, and the most so far was ORD where the agent asked me why I was flying to the US, then why I wanted the airline miles, do I have an airline credit card, what the benefits I get, is it worth it, why would it be worth it etc