FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask the staffer
Thread: Ask the staffer
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:49 pm
1Aturnleft

Originally Posted by St Elmos Fire
Probably answered before, apologies if so, but if I submit a “Say Thank You” about a member of cabin crew, what typically is sent to the crew member? Does it trigger anything more than an internal email, if that?

And the same question for the old days when I had a Golden Ticket to hand out? Any difference? Any more reliably passed on?
Sent a couple of thankyous and Golden Tickets to friends who've worked for BA in the past. When traveling on flights they've been working on flights I've held a revenue ticket for I hasten to add so completely legitimate. The Golden Tickets filtered through as email feedback from their managers a month or so after submitting. One thankyou again fedback within a few weeks. The other one never made it to the recipient... so I take it as that particular line manager not being particularly effective.

What I don't know is whether during the great crew cull in 2020 if Golden Tickets and Thankyous would have been taken into consideration when finalising decisions over who to keep. No doubt a whole load of other important performance data would have been taken into account but I'm curious whether these gestures over performance might have had an influence or weighting towards retaining certain individuals... be that in an official measurement over capacity, anecdotal demonstration of character or otherwise (not at all).