FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Focus of the Marriott/Bonvoy forum
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2022, 5:48 pm
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else concerned how the focus of this forum has primarily turned to "aspirational" properties with most posts about everything from the Yacht Collection to fine hotels in Doha, Bali and many other places that the average Bonvoy member will never get to? Certainly all those have their place, however the more mundane posts about airport hotels, the Fairfield Inn in Boise (abstract example) or where to take the kids in Florida seem to have gone to the "back burner". Maybe the demographic has changed but this was previously a reliable source of current information on hotels that people frequently stay at - not those that they may get to when they've saved enough points. In many, many years of Marriott/Bonvoy membership (LTT) I've certainly benefited from stays at spectacular properties worldwide, but those were achieved by slogging away at too many Residence Inns, Sheratons and Fairfields to remember. My suggestion to the moderators is that perhaps it's time to sub-divide this forum by some method, whether by brand or aspirational vs. routine. Please don't misunderstand this - I read almost every post and travel vicariously with many of you. It's just that I worry that there are relevant posts that don't get made for fear they're not interesting enough.
while I do stay at your run of the mill aloft/four points/courtyard/Sheraton/etc, I rarely feel compelled to post because since Marriott aquired Starwood, those experiences aren’t special anymore (If they ever were) and happen because I need to be in a certain place. Bifurcating the forum wouldn’t incentivize me to post about those experiences.