FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Claiming compensation from AC under APPR (Air Passenger Protection Regulations)
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:24 pm
boomerfss

Programs: AC*SE MM , Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by g289t
My wife and I arrived to our home airport late several weeks ago. We had a canceled flight due to "crew constraints". Then the flight we were rebooked on later was about an hour late, making us land about 10 hours late. I filled out the form after we arrived home. This was on Oct 9 or 10, and I have not yet heard anything.

Is there any way to check up on it? I have a "CAS-" number.
I went back and looked and it actually took a month (29 days). Just seemed fast. Time flies these days. This is the email I received:

We are in receipt of your claim under the Air Passenger Protection Regulations for flight 383   on 2022-09-01. We are sorry for the delay you experienced at arrival to your final destination.

Temporary exceptions - flights from March 13, 2020 until June 30, 2020

The Canadian Transportation Agency took steps to address the major impacts that the COVID-19 pandemic is having on the airline industry.

The obligation amount to compensate customers for delays has been temporarily adjusted to:

$400.00 for delays of six hours or more but less than nine hours.

$700.00 for delays of more than nine hours.

For all other flight dates starting December 15, 2019

The compensation amount based on the length of delay is:

$400.00 for delays of three hours or more but less than six hours.

$700.00 for delays of six hours or more but less than nine hours.

$1000.00 for delays of more than nine hours.

You are entitled to a compensation in the amount of CAD 1000.00. Payment will be sent by interac etransfer.

You will receive an email from: [email protected] within four (4) business days with a link to accept your payment.