FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled domestic leg
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:24 pm
bd95

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by GLA
Is it unusually bad that I have not heard a peep from BA about this, over 3 months down the line? They have even stopped sending automated emails telling they are on the case!

I submitted a form through the website a week ago asking for an update and still nothing. I would be mightily peeved if I really needed the £990 I am out of pocket.

Stunningly poor service for customers travelling in a premium cabin.
I’ve just heard back from BA last Tuesday regarding a flight cancellation on 11 June with the complaint sent in same day. I had sent them a further complaint form stating I would start Small Claims Court action (in NI) if no action within 10 working days a few weeks ago but hadn’t time to follow up on it.

Meanwhile they said on Tuesday to expect the bank transfer for £218.30 (a little short of the UK261 compo of £220) within 48 hours and that they had passed a refund request for the downgrade (would work out better than UK261 / Mennens downgrade reimbursement) to their Refunds dept. I’ve heard nothing since not had there been any money sent to my account!

Infuriating isn’t the word.