FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:10 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CApreppie
Thank you! The first agent I spoke to ended up having the flight I wanted to added to my reservation along with my existing ticketed flight. Needless to say it messed up my itinerary when trying to access via the app and online. Called back and they ended up putting me on the flight I wanted at no charge. It looked 100 percent likely I was going to make standby on it anyways.
What you described is the standby process: you're on both flights -- your confirmed flight and the standby flight. It shouldn't have messed up your itinerary at all, if it was done properly; it might have just made it look a little weird.

That said, SDC at a connecting airport should only require inventory on the target flight, so since you said the problem originally was that there was no additional inventory on your first leg, it makes sense that you'd have been able to SDC once you arrived -- which is ultimately what the agent did.