FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of lounges
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2022, 11:52 am
Genius1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TTmex
I know the BA LHR lounges were due a refurb before the pandemic started and that got shelved as was obviously not a priority. I was in GF the other morning and it was ok but starting to show it's age. The tough bit will be when and how to refurb as the the huge numbers using lounges these days means shutting one or even a section of one down will be a major disruption.

I can't comment on NYC but when I was in GVA recently i was impressed by BA's lounge there. It's not all bad
The GVA lounge re-opened after its full refurb in 2019, and having been closed for 1.5 years over the pandemic is still very fresh.

BA announced a 'refresh' of the LHR T5 lounges pre-pandemic, which was completed over an extended period, and mainly comprised new furniture and carpets to the T5A departure lounges. A full refurb is long overdue. As noted in another thread, I think a new lounge in T5C could help with refurbishments and give BA the capacity to close the T5B lounge and parts of the T5A lounges in phases at different times. It will either be that or giving vouchers to some eligible passengers to limit capacity.