FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Separating hotel loyalty/individual hotel discussions?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:59 am
FLYGVA
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Indeed, we have had such a subforum at the IHG forun for report about individual hotels. But it did not really work and therefore was merged with the main forum. Mostly as the reports were starting points for discussing and thus lead to discussion in two thread and a lot of moving of posts from one thread to the master thread. The discussion also did not always differentiate between the hotel and the loyalty benefits. Partly, as e.g. for InterContinental Hotels the Ambassador Programm applied and Royal Ambassadors had a slightly different point of view than others. And IHG - at this time - was not very consistent with providing the benefits by the book but more by the hotel.

Also some members ignored the subforum and posted in the regular thread about the hotel.

This was also before the review function was added which made review a bit easier to be visible as these reviews are linked. Sure, not every review is done as review using the dedicated function.

We have now the master thread about each hotel. For some of them Wikis are created with links to reports and also to stay reports of members with a specific status (i.e the Experience Threads for Rewards Club, Ambassadors etc.). I would say, this approach fits for our forum. And I admit, that I myself prefere to have everything in one place.

However, I see your point. But were to draw the line? And a report of a high ranked status members might not be benefical for the low members. And the low member is not so much interested, in how the property treats elites. Certain resort fees are also high discussed and especially in regard to the frequent guest programms. Should this be in a loyalty forum or in the hotel thread?

I was one of the supportes of subforum, but reality showed me for our forum, that it did not work in real flyertalk life.