FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Separating hotel loyalty/individual hotel discussions?
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:34 pm
lokijuh

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Separating hotel loyalty/individual hotel discussions?

I often will pop into the Marriott (and sometimes Hilton) forum to see what is happening with the loyalty program, issues etc. But now you've got to wade through all the threads on individual hotels that is becoming quite cumbersome, and I'm less likely to go there.

I wondered if this had been suggested before - separating the discussions on individual hotels within a chain into a subforum (or vice versa).

Right now, and for example on the first page of the Marriott forum, the vast majority of threads relate to individual hotels, whilst only a small number are more general in nature, relating to the loyalty program itself, or general discussion of the chain and/or brands within it, or even general discussion of the range of Marriott hotels in a city. The individual hotel discussions almost always have no interest to me unless I specifically want to find out about or comment on a specific property. To peruse the more general threads, you really have to scroll and scroll.

Just an idea to improve the hotel forums, but understand this could come cumbersome and complicated though.