FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Abandon P fare return portion?
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:00 pm
zrh2yvr

Programs: AC SE 100K
I know this fare well and COVID was such a great time as all change fees were eliminated from fares. Now that we are back somewhat to normal - the $500 change fee can often be worth it for the crazy discount you got. What will happen if you don't show? With AC - I don't think they chase the occasional or one-time offender and they don't necessarily make automatic debit memos to agencies (but this may not be true). So - you may be fine - but if you booked through an agency then you may end up with a debit memo requiring you to actually pay way more for the privilege of having only flown half the fare. LH is really good at this - and my agency here in Zurich reminds me that I have to fly all the segments as ticketed.

If you want to use it - you are best to find the availability and just rebook and pay - if you can find the space (P . . and especially R . . are becoming rare commodities).

[Adding to the next comment - the PRTC fares are typically 12 months - and allow free stop in selected European gateways in both directions. They are great and very useful. It is true you can take the remaining segments away and then when you are ready to make the change - you can add the flights. For intra-europe short-haul - you can also book in "Y" if P is not available in order to make the fare work. I guess you can also book Y over the ocean but that would not make much sense . . . ]

Last edited by zrh2yvr; Oct 19, 2022 at 12:18 am