FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status
Old Oct 16, 2022, 12:53 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Super Mario
The doom and gloom of breakfast culture never ceases to amaze me. Suddenly, this offer is going to overwhelm hotels. Legions of people are going to storm into breakfast because they are now Diamond. Previously, no one had ever eaten hotel breakfast.

IHG also knew exactly what they were doing by creating Diamond status. (But their IT in this offer is poor as usual). People will stay 70 nights, ignoring cheaper rates at other brands, in hopes of a free breakfast. In the grand scheme of travel, the flights, other transportation, hotels, entertainment, drinks, dining, etc it's amazing how much revenue can be captured by the desire for an included breakfast.
Guilty

I won't stay 70 nights though, unless I was going to anyway - 40 is more achievable and I guess this will get some sort of lounge breakfast. Prior to being diamond I did book HIX over other brands because of free breakfast, even though only 20% of the breakfast in the UK is edible (well it's better in the rest of Europe and Asia etc).

If Hilton ever introduces their credit thing outside the US I will be done with Hilton (unless it fully covers breakfast every day - none of that ends at midnight nonsense).