FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:56 pm
MoonOverMiami

Originally Posted by MoonOverMiami
If you go to the offers page (on the AA side) it lists 27 different offers, and they include both DirecTV and DirecTV Stream options. It all seems to be covered, but if you're concerned just click on one of the Stream offers that would take you straight from the AA shopping portal to the four DirecTV Stream options. And make sure you're fine with those 90 days, as it means you'd be paying for at least three months of the service (and the points wouldn't hit your account until January one would think).
Correcting my earlier advice. I signed up 15 days ago to a DirecTV Stream plan. I know it was supposed to be a 90-day wait, but wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my money or time, and asked about it. According to the shopping portal's response, the streaming packages are NOT valid since it only states for satellite services.

After reviewing your e-receipt, we noticed that the service purchased on DIRECTV STREAM order #XX-XXXXX is listed as ineligible to receive rewards per the merchant’s terms and conditions because it is not DIRECTV STREAM Satellite service packages. Therefore, no rewards will be posted to your account.
I don't get it. DirecTV Stream is only for the streaming services. There isn't as far as I can tell a DirecTV Stream service. I had done this deal a year ago through Rakuten and it wasn't a problem. Maybe the rep was wrong. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, disregard my advice earlier about it working.