FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQPs/PQFs in 2022 for Elite Status in 2023"
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:50 am
flymexico2010

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by txirish
Brilliant advice! I booked the cheapest flight I could find and got 100 PQP for $106. Cheaper than flying anywhere, plus no wasted time. (I won't get to kill time at the IAH Centurion Club, but that's hardly worth the hassle of airport parking and a mostly wasted day.) Even some chance my Amex airline "miscellaneous" credit might pay the tab, as I haven't used up my 2022 credit yet. Thanks, WineCountryUA !
Sitting currently around 800 PQP short of Silver Status. But with a flight netting around 650 PQP in coming weeks.
Would it be a wise decision to book a cheap short flight (LAX -SFO, or anything else does not matter as I am based out of US) hope to get around 150-200 proposal to buy PQP, buy them, cancel the flight within 24 hours and than book the remaining 650 PQP flight?
Reading here I understand that further from qualification gets better price and also short distance could get a lower PQP offer right?

What do you think? Is it a good plan?
Thanks