FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQPs/PQFs in 2022 for Elite Status in 2023"
Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:03 pm
wanderluststruck

Programs: United Premier Plat
Question about when PQP hits your account with paid upgrade and/or economy plus px

Context: Former Premier Plat with no OPM travel, who had virtually no flying last year/ did not make any status for 2022 due to lack of segment (If I flew once, I would have earned Gold with complimentary pqp, card spend, etc).

Started this year with a clean slate, and didn't expect to fly much; but currently sitting at 2836 PQP with enough segments for early silver/ gold by the end of the year. Recently booked Saver XN award for EWR - ICN, and paid for one way ICN - EWR. Given no status, I'd be flying in E- in all 4 legs and was wondering if I were to pay for E+ on my first EWR-SFO segment, would the PQP will be processed before the flight (in 3 weeks) for me to have access to T-24 E+ seats for the rest of the trip? This itself will save me ~$700 and seems well worth it. However, if it won't credit until the flight is flown, I might just pay more for the SFO-ICN segment for a few inches of stretching room.

Another option is Prem+ seats on initial EWR-SFO segment for $225, but my experience tells me that does not credit until the entire itinerary is flown, which will not impact SFO-ICN leg. So unless confirmed by other flyers, it is in the bottom of my options list.

Thanks in advance for any advice/ experience/ rec!

Last edited by wanderluststruck; Oct 9, 2022 at 12:05 pm Reason: slight stylistic edit.