FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Delta change my flight booked through a cruise line with 1:13 layover in ATL?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:43 pm
Mithria

Programs: AA, AS, DL
Originally Posted by MisterBill
I am already flying in a day earlier than the land tour in Quito begins and paying for the extra hotel night at my expense. This is a Galápagos cruise, so there's no "catching up", but that's not an issue since they already have you arrive two days before the cruise. I just don't feel like spending 24 hours in Atlanta because I missed the connection when I have a tour booked in Quito, and when putting me on an earlier flight to ATL would have been a simple solution to avoid the problem.
You are going to love the Galapagos! I just returned 3 weeks ago from a scuba diving trip there. What a unique, amazing experience. What struck me the most was how the wildlife (both above and below the water) was completely unafraid of us and carried on as if we weren't there.
I've transited ATL multiple times and as long as your flight is on time, you should have no problem making your connection. Enjoy your trip!