FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Amsterdam [AMS] - Consolidated thread of transfer Q&A
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:14 am
Solevita

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by Agent69
I have a transfer coming up in a few weeks time at AMS and am confused by all the above information.

So there are 3 posible arrival scenarios (Schengen, secure non-schengen, non-secure non-schengen) and the same 3 for departures. That gives 9 possible options. Are these all signed differently when you are in the terminal, or do they rely on you knowing what you are supposed to do? My flights are:
  • DOH - AMS with QR (arrival from a non-secure, non-schengen country)
  • AMS - LHR with BA on seperate ticket (departure to a secure non-schengen country)
QR will interline my bags onto the BA flight, and according to the wiki I have to go through transfer security. What signs do I follow? The Wiki also mentions central transfer passport control, but doesn't say who this applies to. Do the people that go through transfer security also go through transfer passport control. If you have to do both, which comes first and are they far apart. How long should I expect it to take?
It's not as complicated as that - non-schengen transfers from insecure destination need to pass a transfer security check (otherwise they can go through passport control and enter NL airside), and are then in the non-schengen area with everybody else. From this point you simply have the decision go straight to your gate (or meander, visit lounge) if you're departure is non-schengen, else pass through immigration and go to your schengen gate.