FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:48 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by bobby21
Just approved for 2nd biz plat, from the Offers section, with NLL. Do we need to confirm the bonus after we receive the card before we do the spend? I have another Biz Plat open.
I personally call and confirm SUBs for ALL cards from ALL issuers. The day I receive and/or activate the card, I call. Ostensibly to confirm its receipt/activation and learn the first statement billing (closing) date, then “oh by the way please confirm the introductory promotion in terms of amount of charges and number of points/miles and deadline date” (for me and the tape). It’s one more piece of evidence in case a SUB is denied although even that didn’t work for a denied Delta SUB 8-10 years ago. Probably not necessary but it gives me a more warm and fuzzy feeling.

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I'm in a similar position and just got another offer. Why is Amex suddenly so generous? I'm getting nervous of getting under the radar of the RAT team.
That’s the million dollar (or million MR) question. There are multiple reports of people with 5-6-7 Biz Plats and 3-4-5 Biz Golds here: AmEx Targeted NLL CC Offers. I too was skeptical/nervous until I got to 3 or 4, as were other people.

Originally Posted by bobby21
Now I'm getting an offer for Blue Biz Plus - 50k MR on 15k spend in 12 months, I already have one BBP. Is that even considered a good offer? No annual fee is tempting.
Yes, it’s a good offer. I got 20,000 MR a few years ago when I timed my application for a “generous” SUB. BBP often has 15,000 - 20,000 on it’s public offer. Think of it as essentially 80,000 (50K SUB + 30K spend at 2x for everything) for no AF.