FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2022, 9:12 am
roelb

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
Originally Posted by tourguide
Your opinion is worth nothing though. We have had this discussion about how in the past sometimes your travelpartners on the same pnr were allowed to go through priority security with you. But this was never a
He has a point though, and I do agree with him. And his opinion is just a valuable as yours or mine. Yes, you're right in that prio security for a companion it has never been a published perk for Flying Blue or Skyteam wide, but it /is/ a published perk on Skyteam's largest airline: Delta. Also, KLM has always extended this as an unpublished benefit, without exception,.at AMS. It's usually also extended at outstations.

It makes sense as well. As an Elite+ member, your loyalty to SkyTeam has given you certain benefits. Not extending those benefits to a non-Elite+ travel companion essentialy means that you yourself won't be able to use your benefits on that trip either. Even if you were to separate from your companion after check-in, you'll still have to wait airside to take him or her into the lounge, which /is/ a published benefit. It's just illogical not to extend the priority security benefit as well. And it's fine to limit this to 1 or 2 adults, just as Delta does. But not extending it at all is a huge middlefinger to loyal customers. Why be loyal for all-J business travel if you then can't even take your SO through priority security once or twice a year?

For now, you're better of just booking any TATL itinerary on Delta stock if travelling with a companion that does not have Elite+ status. In that case, your SkyPriority benefits will be (formally) extended to your travel companiion on the same PNR and there is usually no price difference whatsoever. As far as I understand the TATL partnership, there is no revenue difference for KLM or Delta either. This doesn't work for other destinations though.

KLM might change the rules and follow Delta's suit in the future, but they won't do that if people don't voice their concerns.