FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma - switching from Oneworld to Star Alliance
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:42 am
Ozchinois

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by RayG
I agree with you — it’s not worth maintaining status for status sake, particularly if it is too exhausting to begin with.

Based on what you said, as long as you fly revenue SQ in J and F, PPS might be a “natural” consequence — depending on how much you spend on your tix.

I would not necessarily think about it in terms of benefits across * Alliance carriers but more in terms of benefits a higher airline status within that particular * Alliance airline could get you. Even more so if you are planning on giving your business to one carrier within * Alliance only.

In the case of SQ T/PPS, this means double luggage allowance on SQ, access to first/business lounge in SIN and SYD, potentially better award availability, TPPS partner card if you hold the highest tier.
Thanks. Just that I am so used to OW airlines and also being based in Sydney, it has suited me well.