FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:35 am
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jsaroff
I had an award ticket (United ticketed / AC metal) that was the second leg of an RT award that I cancelled on the phone with agent due to a family emergency. (I subsequently purchased a ticket to a different location). The agent cancelled my ticket and told me that my miles would be redeposited within 6 weeks. They have yet to be redeposited and it's been 8 weeks.

(1) Is this typical? ...
No but the redeposit will show at the date of booking, not the date of cancellation

Originally Posted by jsaroff
(2) Is the best remedy to call the Service Center?
(3) I am a Platinum today but will be a 1K next week. Any reason to wait or is there just one service center for everyone? ...
Calling MPSC is better than Reservations and there is really just one set of MPSC agents but the wait might be less as a 1K vs Plat. I would not wait.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 1, 2022 at 10:18 pm Reason: missed it was partially flown