FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE to Trip Credit, Flight Credit, Travel Voucher, Gift Card, Refund
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:24 am
bryanto1

Programs: Skywards Gold, AerClub Silver
Originally Posted by AxelJF
Had the same problem and got the same answer. Was told to get in touch with Customer Relations through the online contact form. I asked for alternatives for us non-US-based travellers. They offered me to transform my credit into a voucher which can be used for any AA flights, disregarding airport of origin. Only hook is that it had to be a paper-based voucher that they mailed to me (eVoucher only seems to be for US-based customers). Pretty oldschool, but it essentially solved my problem. Can now book AA flights from anywhere and got another year to use it as the validity starts with date of issuance of the voucher.

Considering that your credit expires today, you better take up action immediately. I think this customer relations team can only be contacted via their contact form, no phone number anywhere. They reply within 1-2 weeks, I think. Called me back actually and offered me the voucher option on the phone, followed by email exchanges on mailing details. So, maybe do the same, directly suggest the voucher, and hope they show mercy when you write to them today, not telling you it's too late.
Thanks a million. I've just put a request in with Customer Relations asking for a voucher as you advised. It's a bit of a long shot but fingers crossed!