FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:34 pm
gilbertaue

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by christianj
I stay at this hotel frequently and I have been critical of their upgrade policy in the past too BUT just because you can book a "suite" does not mean that it is a suite that is part of the upgrade pool. This topic has been discussed up and down on the forum. As for who they upgrade, that too has been discussed as part of the elite upgrade discussion. If they pre-upgrade a Cobalt, Ambassador or Titanium to a suite you are not going to get that suite as a Platinum. I assume the managers comments about who they upgrade being at their discretion was meant to mean that they would upgrade members staying there with a higher status.
Fair enough, though I have to add that I was checking in close to midnight. Certainly could always be that there was a higher tier checking in later.

But it all went south when the app showed an upgrade to an exec room and the first Agent tried to convince me that the deluxe room she gave me was in fact an exec room though it clearly wasn't. So if they play the deceiving game, I'll push to the max.
Note: I probably would not have even bothered to check the app had they given me an exec room as per App and initial checkin procedure. Spiralled only when the deceiving started.